Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Spiderman 3!!!

View the yayness.
Yep I went and saw Spiderman 3 in the Spruce Grove theatre and with big grins everywhere the theatre wasn't packed. I love it. There was no huge 7' guy in front of me nor was the kid in front of me a talker or screamer. I like well behaved kids, shows how much the parents threatened them. However I think Shrek will be horrible in this fashion. We will see.

Anyways, Spiderman 3.
Oh nice poster. Anyways I haven't read many of the comics since I was young and truly have no idea who venom really is and have no association with the character. If you don't want any spoilers I would recommend just fast-forewarding through this post and get back to your normal lives, because I have a bad habit of typing too much, the last paragraph is safe though.

Meet Peter Parker, back again in his annoyingly nerdy way! Mary Jane in her wanting to be an actress way. Harry Osborn, Angry stupid rich guy. J. Jonah Jameson, I wouldn't like working for him but I love the character. Good 'ld Aunt May and Finally The Stacy's. Oh and Sandman. Oh and Stan Lee has a cameo! Stephan King wanna be! Oh well I think I typed enough for those who didn't really wish to read any further to not have peeked accidentally at the rest of what I have to say.

I would like to go on record in saying that I liked the movie, don't get me wrong but I would like to say what SOME of the critics are saying and that is that they did too much in this one. I would've liked to see more of the growth of Harry Osborn / (New Goblin) character. I'm confussed actually because I never heard of new goblin, hob goblin yes, and there was very little difference between the two, except one wore purple. If I remember correctly. It's been a long time. I need to go hunting for my boxes of comics. hmm. Anyways I thought that any of the scenes dealing with Harry could've been expanded and explained better in it's own movie, but the dumbass producers have now made it impossible to do such. Grr.

The black spidy thing was well done. The transition of Peter with the suit was done well and the scene in which he was ripping it off was done well. The way the alien thing moved reminded me of a big spider and I would've mentioned it as such but the person I was watching it with is terrified of spiders and probably would've annoyingly been twitching in every one of those scenes. I was already annoyed enough before the movie that I had no desire to be annoyed through the movie. Since I didn't have the background knowledge of venom I can only assume that it was done correctly and yes it was done in classic comic book style, in saying that it came from space and got attracted to the main character.

Mary Jane finally got into broadway. Yay. However was fired after the review stated that her voice was too small and shy to be on stage. After that she acted like a bitch, Peter was such a thick headed Bastard that he was not listening to the meaning behind her words. Sorry guys but really you all act like that one time or another. Her bitch side came out when she wouldn't confide in Peter in a staight foreward manner and kick him in the shin, instead held it within herself and went off to Harry, whom she was more open with. Who does she love, who does she trust, is she a pawn, or is this the last spiderman and it really doesn't matter. Sorry I don't know and really didn't expand on her character as much as the previous movies.

Eddie Brock, a freelance photographer who is in love with Gwen Stacy, who has a bigger role in the comics than any of the movies. Dumb Blonde. I really can't say more about her than that because there really wasn't much more given about her in this movie. Eddie was about to ask her to marry him so he wanted a full time job at the paper. Jameson couldn't choose between Parker and Brock so he made a deal, whomever gets a picture of Spidy with a bad rep gets the job. Time says he cheats and makes a photoshoped copy of a bad photo, Jameson fires him and Brock loses everything. Teaches you not to do somethign like that in the newpaper business dumb &^%&^ !!! He ends up in a church where Parker was escaping the black Spiderman suit and becomes venom. I'll end there.

Sandman shows up as well in this film. Villian Number 2. Now usually Just the origins of sandman and venom would be enough for one film, considering that to get a character established usually takes between 10 and 40 minutes. The problem with Spiderman 3 is that is breaks away more than the other two, which were busy in trying to keep up with the multitude of characters who are connected but are apart. Sandman origin scenes were rushed and really could've had another 10 minutes to expand a bit and get at least my association moreso with him. But in the already long movie time frame it made it difficult to slide in that time. I must admit that the CGI was amazing with him and I am glad that they really haven't finished with this character. However there was no real concern of the ways and whys he was doing this. The only reason: his kid was sick. With what I'm not sure, the kid that they casted looked way too healthy, so was heavily relying on the watchers skill of the fact that there was a breathing tube around her face. wow. Isn't that supposed to help with sleep apathy as well? Hopefully I typed the right ailament.

I'm hungry. :/

Peter is a jerk and will be one for the rest of his life. Huis head swells so much in this movie he better not turn too quickly or it shall snap off. I'm not going to ask why he had to get Mary Jane jeolous with him and Gwen, by calling attention to himself by first playing the piano then dancing and half distroying the Jazz club she was working at. At least he regained a bit of his nerdy self by the end of the movie. No comment.

Overall I enjoyed it, not as much as the other spidermans, but I think it still may obtain the right to go into my movie collection when it comes out on DVD. The other ones I still enjoy immensively and am glad that they haven't over reached with them. I have a feeling that they wish to be done with Spiderman and have it not like Batman with so many sequals that it slowly become stagant. With this movie topping the charts for 2 weeks running I don't think that it will be swept under the rug and forgotten easily like other Marvel movies. Spiderman is also the hero to many little kids, boys especially, so if nothing else, that will make it last for years to come. Not to mention that it is a really good story. My recommidation is that if one can afford yeah go and see it, however for those who are meh on the original 2 don't waste the time and money. Wait for Shrek.

No comments: