Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A snowstorm, just perfect...

Please note the sarcasm here. "Well in the end of everything is perfect as white snow" I heard that quote before and I would have to bow to that idealism for the matter that it truly ended a perfectly nice mid winter weather that we had over the last week to a snowstorm. True that it wasn't the blizzard that we had recieved earlier in the year but today was almost as bad as the blizzard in my opinion. This time however I did manage to get off my butt and get the camera to see that it indeed snowed.















This was the scene that made me blink twice when I let the dog out this morning. Usually I can see the place across the road from here but it is barely made out through the blowing snow. Here though it was slowing for a moment. Also it made me realize that the birdfeeder was empty. If there was any poor little birdies out there braving the wind and snow there would be nothing for them to eat. It is hard to believe that only a few hours earlier the deck was clear.















Once again another scene showing that winter has it out for us. The second car in the background was only out yesterday. I'm glad that I was able to break away the ice that is now covered by the snow, but with the wind that is now blowing I'm not sure if the cement would now be icy underneath the drifts. I am expected to be at work tommarrow. Hopefully the buses wouldn't be running and I can use that excuse.

Why use an excuse? I have now one of those blasted colds that make you feel, sleep and breathe like crap. Meds aren't working so its something that my poor immune system has to kick on it's own. It's just sucks... I'm not sure who gave me this thing because for once Kim isn't ill with it, nor is anyone else, yet. So yes I'll admit it I brought this one into the house, but I wonder if I can still shift the blame onto someone else. Either way back to my green tea and cuddling up to my heater under a blanket and hope that it doesn't get any worse, or if it does, it developes into something that medication can battle against.


No comments: